Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Gotta try it! But you have like pesto...or at least the tast of basil because that's pretty much the recipe! 2 TBS equals 51 calories, so don't be afraid of the 1/4 cup olive oil! Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups loosely packed basil leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomato, drained (about 2 large)
1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add nuts to pan; cook 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring constantly. Remove from pan.
2. Combine nuts and garlic in a food processor; process until minced. Add basil, oil, salt, and peppers; process until blended, scraping sides occasionally. Add cheese; process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; fold in tomato.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
I'm pretty proud of the last picture, I got him so good!
Our wedding day was perfect!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Scott and I decided to make sushi!!!! It was so much fun, and turned out much more delicious than a restaurant! I made some good sushi rice (with the help of my mom's amazing recipe) and Scott made some perfect rolls!
We got the fish pieces from our favorite sushi restaurant, Temari's which worked out perfectly with our sushi adventure!
We'll definitely do this one again! We did all the sushi for about $20!
Scott made my birthday incredible! And so much fun :)
Here's the Sushi Rice Recipe
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Scott got a pasta machine from Maria for Christmas! He helped make pasta on his mission and wanted to see if he could make it. We found a basic pasta recipe and he went to work. I've never had home made pasta before, and let me tell you it was the best pasta I have ever eaten!
I was in charge of the sauce, and I wanted a white sauce. Of course, its completely unhealthy, so I went to my cooking light magazine in hopes that I would find a healthier one, and I definitely found one. It was delicious! And it was only a little over 400 calories per serving including the pasta! Our recipe made 4 servings so we had left overs! Try this sauce recipe, it was AMAZING!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley ( I didn't have this so we just sprinkled a little dry parsley at the end and it was still delicious!)
- Cracked black pepper
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese, and salt, stirring with a whisk until cheeses melt. Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley. Garnish with black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.